Are you in a professional or personal rut? What seemed like an interesting challenge to work on a few years ago might not seem that compelling anymore. What seemed like living the dream may not quite fit your plan, like it did a few years ago. You see your peers climbing the corporate ladder of success, while you seem to be languishing in your current position doing the same thing you were doing years ago with little sign that things will change. So what now?
You’re not alone. Everyone goes through tough times in their lives.
So what can you do if you find yourself in such a situation, you can’t really change the situation as such but you can definitely do a lot to change how you are reacting to the situation. Here are some tips that you might want to consider, questions that you can ask yourself and look for ways to bring about change in your attitude to the situation around you. At the end of the day, what counts is the attitude and a change of attitude will help you change the outcome.
Ask yourself these questions. They’ll help you reframe your current situation and see it in a new way. Remember, perception is 90% of reality!
- Are there opportunities for growth that I can focus on within other parts of the business?
- Are there other opportunities across the business where I might be able to apply my current skills?
- What are the other skills I could pick up that could help boost career growth opportunities in the coming years?
- Whom should I be networking with across the enterprise to understand where opportunities for growth reside?
- Are there any other non work related initiatives that I can help drive within the organization?
- Are there any online courses (MOOC’s, commercial, etc.) that I could focus on and pick up some additional skills?
- Are there any open source projects out there where my skills could be of assistance?
Leaders with the most impact are those who can build and successfully manage great teams. Every day, we help our clients and colleagues achieve their highest levels of professional presence and personal effectiveness. That includes everyone on the ladder, from company presidents to project managers, to staff members. Contact us at 800-282-3374 to find out how we can help you impact your own productivity and the productivity of your entire organization.
We deliver results-oriented training programs that increase productivity, effectiveness, & performance.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.