The new workplace environment: it’s increasingly sophisticated, economically uncertain, and focuses on personal accountability for performance results.
The ability to project a sense of strength and control is what distinguishes star players. Their ability to maintain critical professional competencies and convey a robust professional presence is key to their career and personal success.
You can assess your own personal presence with these tough questions:
- Do my actions add to every team or work environment I join?
- Are my contributions meaningful?
Your answers are your brand promise:
- Does my brand promise relate directly to my career direction?
- Do others see the same professional presence that I try to project?
- Are there gaps in my intended professional presence and how others perceive it?
- How can I close those gaps?
People with the most impact on their workplace, and their own careers, intentionally close the gap between their intended and actual professional presence.